Step 3: Pre-clean steps and first disinfection.
Remember to change gloves when going from dirty to clean.
- Open all windows.
- In each bathroom, close the toilet lid, move as far from the toilet as you can and flush.
- Collect all garbage, then close garbage bags completely and set outside.
- If dishwasher is empty, put all flatware, cups and plates in dishwasher and run on hottest setting. Otherwise you will do this step later.
- Gather all laundry (linen, towels, blankets, comforters) without shaking or fluffing and put in laundry bag for removal from property or in laundry room on a hard floor (not in the hamper). If doing laundry in the house, start washing using warmest setting possible.
- Gather throw pillows and blankets and place in dryer for 30 minutes on highest setting, leaving overflow in laundry room.
- Remove gloves and dispose. Wash or sanitize hands correctly. Put on new gloves.
- Spray laundry room with disinfectant and close door if possible.
- Spray all carpets, floors and soft furniture with disinfectant.
- Wipe door knobs and light switches with a disposable wipe then spray with disinfectant.