Handwashing and PPE in Review
- PPE stands for Personal Protective Equipment.
- PPE keeps you safe from getting germs and hazardous cleaning products and others safe from getting your germs.
- Check with your local health department or office for current recommendations on what PPE to use.
- Wash your hands using the following method: Wet, Lather, Scrub for 20 seconds, Rinse, Dry using a clean towel.
- Gloves should be worn during cleaning and changed between dirty and clean tasks.
- Gloves need to be removed following the specified procedure and disposed of in a plastic bag.
- Masks, Eye Protection, Gowns and Booties are all part of PPE and should be worn while in the unit.
- Use best practices at home to reduce the risk of bringing germs to work.